There’s no single celebration that lends itself to a unique, customized and completely themed menu quite like Halloween. Between the trick-or-treating, costumer parties and carving out jack-o’-lanterns, time flies in the days leading up to Halloween, not to mention on the day itself.
Here are some quick, easy recipes for some lip-smacking dishes that will go perfectly with the Halloween theme and the best part is that they won’t take a lot of time to make. These recipes are a lot of fun and are sure to score a hit with guests at your spooky party.
halloween recipe ideas for a spooky good time
These little bite-sized appetizers are super-fun, really easy to make and is spot on for Halloween. As a bonus, it will also work pretty well for Harry Potter themed parties! All you need for a serving of 12 broomsticks is 4 sticks of string cheese, 12 pretzels and a handful of fresh chives.
- Cut the string cheese into three equal pieces, and then make a few cuts along each piece lengthwise till about half its length
- Squeeze a pretzel stick into the part of the cheese that remains uncut
- Use a piece of chive to fasten the two pieces together
Your delicious broomstick bites are not ready to serve!
cheesy pumpkin balls
Cheese balls are a classic appetizer and in this recipe, they get a bit of a Halloween twist.
- Mix 8 oz. of cream cheese with 1 oz. of ranch dip mix
- Add half a bell-pepper, finely chopped, and set the stem aside for garnishing.
- Shred 1 cup of cheddar cheese and add to the mix. Chop up 2 green onions and add to the mix as well
- Mix all these ingredients well, then shape them to resemble pumpkins
- Wrap in a cling-film and refrigerate till they get firm. In the meantime, crush 1/2 a cup of cheese-flavored chips until they are finely crushed
- Once the cheese balls have firmed up, roll them in these crushed chips to add that pumpkin-like texture and look and top off with the stem of the bell-pepper
- Press a clean piece of yarn into the cheese balls to add pumpkin-like striations that run along its length
mummy mini pizza
Mini pizzas are another party classic, but with this variation, they get a bit of an ancient undead Egyptian-themed twist. You will need English muffins, pizza sauce, a handful of black olives and mozzarella string cheese for this recipe.
- First, preheat your oven to 450 degrees
- Slice the English muffin in half and place on a baking sheet
- Slather pizza sauce on the muffin slices, you can add additional toppings if you like
- Separate your string cheese by pulling it apart and then place it in a rough crisscross pattern to mimic the mummy’s bandages
- Slice an olive into two and place the pieces to resemble eyes
- Bake till cheese melts, which should take approximately 10 minutes
the brain dip
Creepy and delicious in equal measure, the Brain Dip is an unbeatable addition to your Halloween spread. You will need 2 avocados, ½ cup of prepared salsa, 1 head of cauliflower, 6 slices of red and blue fruit leather.
- Slice avocados in half, remove seeds and scoop the avocado out of its skin and into an empty bowl
- Mash the avocado and mix it with the salsa. Also slice the seeds to flatten it from one side and set aside for garnishing
- Hollow out the cauliflower by removing all the leaves and the stem. Ensure the outer part of the head is still intact, and use toothpicks to help secure the cauliflower
- Weave the fruit leathers through the cauliflower to give the appearance of blood vessels and add red food coloring for additional decoration
- Place the cauliflower in a bowl with the hollow facing upwards and fill in salsa. Top off with avocado seeds to give the appearance of floating eyes
These appetizers will sure add a delectable and truly uncanny edge to your Halloween celebrations and leave your family or guests clamoring for more.
At Appetizers USA, we cater to all our clients’ big party order needs, including Party Appetizers for events ranging from anniversaries and baby showers, to graduations and weddings among others.
Get in touch to place your Halloween party order today.
|Posted On Oct 9, 2017|