Nothing says elegance as much as a well laid out seafood platter – it’s a feast for the eyes, the taste buds
Apart from the happy memories that seafood can bring, here are a few good reasons to have seafood appetizers on your dinner party menu:
- Seafood appetizers are a healthy way to snack
- Seafood appetizers, whether hot or cold, pair wonderfully with wine and a whole bunch of cocktails
- Seafood appetizers can be ever so quick and easy to make letting you focus on more important things like mingling with your guests or getting your entrée just right
- Seafood appetizers work well for any occasion, whether it is a casual get together or a sophisticated soiree
- Your pescatarian guests will be absolutely thrilled
Yes, seafood is great but you do need to exercise caution, too! Here are five things you must take into account while planning your seafood starters:
- Some people are allergic to shellfish, so ask your guests beforehand and make sure appetizers containing shellfish are prepared separately and labelled clearly before serving
- Make sure the seafood you are serving is fresh or high quality frozen
- Make sure the seafood is sustainably sourced (your fishmonger or supplier will be able to guide you)
- If you are serving something exotic, make sure it’s not endangered. Shark fin is a big no-no
- Do not serve blowfish if you aren’t a licensed Japanese chef!
If you’re looking for ideas for seafood hors d'oeuvres for your next party, look no further! Here are some of the best seafood appetizers that will grace any occasion.
10 amazing seafood starters for your next party
1. Casino Shrimp
These elegant shrimp appetizers are served on a knotted stick making them really easy to serve and eat. The shrimp marinated in a spicy casino mix and wrapped with Applewood smoked bacon is sure to be a big hit.
2. Smoked Salmon Shooters
Smoked salmon is the perfect seafood for an appetizer. Add some playfulness to your party with these smoked salmon shooters. Simply fill shot glasses halfway with a mixture of yogurt, salt, lemon zest, dill, red onion and finely chopped cucumbers. Top with some more chopped cumber and smoked salmon slices. Serve cold.
3. Coconut Shrimp
This appetizer pairs really well with a piñacolada. Each Coconut Shrimp appetizer is made up of a large butterflied shrimp dipped in a light coconut batter and rolled in a crispy mixture of coconut and breadcrumbs. They just need to be deep fried from frozen for less than ten minutes or baked until golden brown. Scrumptious!
4. Smoked Salmon Dip
Seafood can be turned into a dip, too! Simply pulse together cream cheese, four ounces of the smoked salmon, horseradish, mayonnaise, lemon juice, yogurt, dill, salt, pepper, paprika and Tabasco sauce in your food processer. Add some chopped salmon, chill and serve. It goes really well with cumber sticks, flatbreads or crackers.
5. Panang Shrimp Spring Rolls
The crispiness of this spring roll combined with the flavors of the shrimp in a spicy ground chili paste with hints of red curry (accompanied by sautéed leeks and coconut cream) brings a burst of flavor and texture with every bite. Your guests will be hankering for seconds!
6. Lobster Cobbler Pot Pie
These Lobster Cobbler Pot Pies are perfect for an evening soiree. The sweetness of the lobster in a savory tartlet shell and the warmth of the carrots, onions and creamy béchamel sauce brings a smile with every bite. The best part is you simply have to bake them from frozen!
7. Smoked Salmon Roses
There is something decadently elegant about smoked salmon. These smoked salmon roses simply take it up a notch. The sweet dark rye makes for a graceful visual contrast to the pink salmon rosettes and the dill cream cheese mousse will have your guests smiling in delight.
8. Lobster Empanadas
Go for a sophisticated appetizer with these Lobster Empanadas. The dough has a delicious kick with its jalapeño and cheddar cheese flavor giving a delightful contrast to the stuffing of lobster, corn, onions, yellow squash, zucchini and Monterey Jack cheese.
9. Bacon Wrapped Scallops
Wrap good quality scallops with bacon and fasten with a wooden toothpick. Cook under a broiler for 15 – 20 minutes, turning
10. Crab Cakes
Crab cakes are always a crowd pleaser and make a delicious, filling hot seafood appetizer. These luscious bites are made of crabmeat richly flavored with spices and peppers. The crab cakes are lightly breaded to make sure that the flavor of the crabmeat comes bursting through.
If cooking isn’t your forte, or there is just too much to organize for your party, do not hesitate to give us a call for some mouthwatering seafood appetizers. Order our appetizers online for quick and reliable delivery of
|Posted On May 10, 2016||(0 comments)|
|Posted On Feb 27, 2018||(0 comments)|
|Posted On Sep 13, 2015||(0 comments)|
|Posted On Oct 4, 2016||(0 comments)|
|Posted On Jul 19, 2016||(0 comments)|
|Posted On Aug 9, 2016||(0 comments)|
|Posted On Sep 21, 2016||(0 comments)|
|Posted On Nov 13, 2017|