What to Put on the Menu this July Fourth!
What to Put on the Menu this July Fourth!
With the fourth of July just around the corner, it’s time to start planning that big cookout and fire up the grill. While everyone is shaking out their best red, white and blue outfits, take a look at our ideas and throw the best Fourth of July party in the neighborhood!
Well, we all know what the color scheme is – and what a festive one it is too! Here are a few décor ideas for your Fourth of July party:
- Get rid of the regular streamers and decorate the party area with red, white and blue star shaped streamers for some extra pizzazz.
- Look for patriotic printable online and use the cut outs to make a photo booth for your guests! Not only will they get a good laugh, they’ll take away a few fond memories of your party with them.
- Keep the kids occupied with a craft area that gets them creating festive necklaces (with red, white and blue beads of course) and other jewelry or making Popsicle stick flags. Their parents will be glad you’ve kept them occupied.
- Create your own patriotic lamps using empty pickle jars, small flags and tea candles and set them out on table tops or along stairs. Your guests will be impressed.
- Use denim in your decor – it can’t get more American than that!
Fourth of July Food Ideas
Getting to the important part – the food! We can all agree that one of the best parts of a 4th of July party is the amount of love and joy that goes into the food. However, at Appetizers USA, we firmly believe that any holiday worth celebrating, is meant to be shared with family and friends, not spent in a kitchen. Check out our ideas for some easy to make 4th of July menu ideas that are sure to please a crowd.
- Cucumber Roll With Creamy Avocado
This Independence Day appetizer is perfect for your guests on a health kick or on gluten free vegan diets. It tastes great, so well, actually it’s just a winner overall. Use a mandolin to cut thin slices of cucumber that are easy to roll. Mix together avocado, capers, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl and spread this mixture over the cucumber slices. Use the avocado spread like glue to seal the edges when you roll them up. Season with chopped dill. Chill until it’s time to serve! Simple.
- Chicken Kabob with Pineapple
Kabobs make great 4th of July barbecue snacks. These Chicken and Pineapple Kabobs make for a winning combination of flavors and color. Made from tender chicken breast with crispy red peppers, green peppers and a juicy pineapple chunk, they are threaded on to skewers for easy serving. Simply follow the instructions and serve.
- Macaroni and Cheese Poppers with no Ham
You really can’t get more American than Mac and Cheese. Our Macaroni and Cheese Poppers with no Ham are a delightful way to serve up a classic dish as a part of your 4th of July menu. This creamy macaroni and cheese snack coated with bread crumbs, works well for vegetarians and kids alike.
- Beef & Bleu in Puff Pastry
A classy snack idea for your 4th of July party is to serve up these luscious puffs stuffed with beef and blue cheese. Made with tender filet mignon and gourmet puff pastry dough, they are guaranteed to get that ooze going - delicious blue cheese with every bite.
- Patriotic Berry Bruschetta
Add a patriotic twist to the traditional bruschetta - include ingredients with the red, white and blue twist. Trim the crust off your bread to make rectangles. Toast lightly. Beat cream cheese with honey and spread on the bread. Top the bread with chopped blue berries and strawberries to create a flag. Healthy, yummy and patriotic!
- Hot Dogs
Hot dogs and summer go hand in hand. Allow your guests to top these Mini Hot Dogs with their favorite toppings. Simply set up a “Hot Dog Station” and let your guests help themselves!
Let’s not forget the Desserts this 4th of July
After all the scrumptious food, most people simply pick at the desserts. Have a look at a couple of our 4th of July bite sized dessert ideas that everyone can enjoy without feeling guilty.
- Creamy Chocolate Cake Truffles
These indulgent mini Chocolate Cake Truffles are ideal for chocolate lovers who want to watch what they are eating. The moist chocolate cakes are covered in a Swiss blend chocolate and are hand decorated, making them a pleasure to look at and eat!
- Mini Cupcake Assortment
These colorful Mini Cupcakes make add a touch of variety to the dessert table with their assortment of fruit flavors - raspberry, lemon and mango and milk, dark and white chocolate. There’s something in there for everyone.
Whether your 4th of July party is large or small, Appetizers USA can take some of the hassle of prepping the food away from you. Our range of party appetizers are ideal for your cookout. All you have to do is to order online and wait for that quick and reliable delivery.